Our team includes an experienced team of professionals in finance. We utilize one of the best systems available to capture and report financial transactions. We successfully manage national and state trade and professional associations with annual budgets ranging from $250,000 to $7,000,000. Services include:
- Billing, Collecting, posting and reporting transactions.
- Monthly financial reports, including income and expense statements and current balance sheet, both of which are essential in the work of the Board.
- Each FIRM Client undergoes an annual independent audit performed by an auditing firm selected by the Board.
- Credit card payment processing.
- All records are stored securely with the appropriate firewalls and internal passwords and regular off-site backups to ensure your information is never lost or compromised.
In this ever changing world, our firm knows that your organization must be equpped with the most up-to-date technology solutions. Our team includes IT professionals with expertise in programming, graphic design, web design, database management, and technical support for local and remote end users. We provide firewall hardware/software management, support and monitoring and on premises SMTP server for email transmissions.
FIRM utilizes an association management system that provides solutions for all of our clients database needs. Our database manager maintains a secure membership management data system and connected web interface. This system houses the master list of association members and contacts for each member.
Within the association management system, FIRM creates and distributes electronic newsletters for each of our clients. These newsletters can be designed and distributed monthly or quarterly.
FIRM provides our clients with the design, launch and on-demand updates to client websites. We provide on-premises hosting of all websites, and daily backup to offsite cloud storage. The live, real-time membership database that is maintained through the association management system is integrated with each client website.
Our graphic design team provides or clients with all of their design needs from concept, to design, to implementation. Our team works with each association to create a brand that fits their individual needs.
FIRM specializes in membership recruitment and retention for the associations we manage. Our team has a proven track record of success with membership development, offering a unique array of benefits that attract and keep members involved. FIRM delivers timely, consistent communication through electronic, print and social media, which is crucial in a successful membership program.
FIRM offers the associations we manage robust training and education programs. We are well versed in executing meetings that range from board and committee meetings, to large conferences.
FIRM provides live and recorded (on demand) web based professional development and educational webinar services complete with a staff facilitator, all marketing, registration, training and continuing education. Webinar services can be individual topics or a series of topics. The live webinars are interactive, with message board communication.
Online webinar services include:
- Live video & audio
- Messaging and chat during webinar
- Recording for on demand archived usage
- Presenter Training
- Live staff facilitator and monitor for introductions and Q & A
- Participant attendance
- Marketing, registration, and attendee assistance
- Continuing education credits for attendees
FIRM is experienced in making application to individual States and National continuing education approvers. In addition, our expertise continues with a knowledge of license regulations, maintenance of the licenses, reporting, issuing certificates and record keeping. FIRM has successfully held continuing education licenses for 30 years, earning the respect from approvers and consumers.
Currently, the FIRM has national licenses with:
- CME - Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
- American Psychological Association
- Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- American College of Healthcare Executives
FIRM has State licenses for:
- Illinois Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Illinois Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor License
- Illinois Nursing Home Administrators License
- Illinois Certified Public Accountant License
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences
In addition, FIRM has created an intuitive electronic system allowing your customers to electronically evaluate your educational offerings and receive their certificates of education immediately.
Contact Kim Ruff, firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-321-2480 ext. 155 to find out how we can help you keep staff in your professional field credentialed.
The FIRM’s nonprofit fundraising experience offers a comprehensive array of programs and events that have successfully secured non dues revenues on both a national and local level. The fundraising campaigns encompass special events/promotions, corporate partnerships, event sponsor and exhibition support and advertising sales programs. The FIRM performs the planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all aspects of each fundraising campaign and modifies efforts throughout the campaign as needed to achieve successful results.
In serving our clients, FIRM is proud of the marketing and communication accomplishments that have cultivated partnerships, increased participation and revenues. FIRM offers full service custom marketing programs that integrate social media, Web, print, and e-mail marketing to optimize outreach and awareness.
Our staff graphic designers and full service print shop enrich our design and marketing team in the creation and production of newsletters, magazines, brochures, banners and other print/online publications.
FIRM clients receive enhanced communication from the marketing team’s editorial oversight, creative composition and timely distribution of information utilizing electronic newsletters and alerts; streamlining website features; and eye-catching production and mailing of magazine/publications.
The FIRM offers clients:
- Management of: payroll services, 401(k) plans, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, and workers comp insurance to all client employees on a "lease back" plan.
- Maintenance of all time-keeping records associated with vacation, personal, and sick time off for client employees.
- Coordinate with client employees on all client related travel, including cash advances, credit card management, and travel reimbursements.
The FIRM prides itself on the diverse background of our staff and our combined 100 years of experience working with Illinois government, including the legislative branch and executive offices. With association executives, former Governor's office and state agency staff, and trained lobbyists, we are well positioned to advance the priorities of our contracts. We ensure our staff maintain and grow our contacts in state government to stay informed not just on issues that impact our current contracts, but on major issues facing the state.
We have a proven history of managing ongoing legislative affairs and single issues for our contracts. While the FIRM works to build long-term, ongoing relationships with our contracts that include a number of legislative services, we have the capabilities to engage in any of the following single activities on behalf of a contract.
- Ongoing monitoring of legislative activity on a specific issue / legislation or constellation of issues.
- Develop and monitor individualized contract tracking lists.
- Regular reporting to contracts on monitoring activities.
Research & Analysis
- Research and analyze a specific issue / legislation or constellation of issues.
- Prepare Issue Briefs and/or similar documentation with respect to an issue / legislation.
- Report on legislative processes & procedures that may impact an issue / legislation.
- Prepare strategic plan outline to advance or stall an issue / priority.
- Advise on key legislative contacts with respect to advancing or stalling an issue/priority.
- Assist in building key relationships with individuals and organizations to advance or stall an issue.
- Prepare legislative documents with respect to a contract priority (legislative bills, resolutions, joint resolutions, etc.)
- Outline advocacy strategies (both “grasstops” and “grassroots”).
- Assist in developing position papers, written, and oral testimony on priority issues/legislation.
Administrative / Executive Branch Services
In addition to our legislative services, the FIRM is also poised to support our contracts efforts in working with the Governor's office and state agencies, as well as other Executive Offices including the Comptroller, Attorney General, Treasurer, etc.
- Track and analyzed Emergency and Proposed Rules filed by state agencies and executive offices with the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR).
- Advise/prepare contracts on the JCAR process and when and where a contract can and should have input, including directly with state agencies or executive offices.
- Facilitate discussions with key staff working in various state agencies or executive offices.
- Liaise with agency staff and executive offices on behalf of a contract/client.
Boards & Commissions Monitoring
- Monitor meetings and discussions of Boards & Commissions of importance to a contract / client.
- Advise / prepare contracts on a given Board / Commission's proceedings.